Tips for an easier Breast Augmentation surgery recovery
If you are reading this, you may be getting ready to undergo the exciting process of breast augmentation. With these tips and suggestions, you can ensure your plastic surgery in Las Vegas goes well from preoperative preparations to post-op healing.
- Stay positive, but be realistic about what you are expecting from your surgery. You’ll have the breasts you desire, but implants may take a couple weeks to drop in the pockets.
- Drink plenty of water. A well hydrated body tends to heal better and you won’t feel quite so nauseous after your surgery.
- Practice sleeping on your back and being propped on pillows. This will be your life for a few days after the surgery so it’s better to make the adjustment early.
- Quit smoking at least one month before any breast augmentation in Las Vegas.
- Do as many chores in your home as you can in the week before the surgery. You won’t be able to get much done once you’re home from the surgery center.
- Do some meal prep. Buy groceries that can last you for at least a week. Choose foods that are simple to make and don’t require a lot of handling. It may even be a good idea to cook some meals ahead of time and throw them in the freezer. Just in case you feel nauseous while in recovery, pick up a fair amount of soup, jello, crackers and other things you enjoy with an upset tummy.
- Stop drinking alcohol for at least a day before your surgery.
- Make sure you have someone to drive you to and from the surgery. You are going to feel groggy and will have a difficult time moving around. Someone should stay with you for the next 24 hours. If someone can stay with you for a few days while you adjust, that is even better.
- Leave all your jewelry and piercings at home.
- Dress in cotton clothes that fit loosely and are easy to get in and out of. Avoid anything that you have to pull over your head.
- Don’t wear any makeup.
- Tie back your hair in a style you won’t mind wearing for a couple days. Braids and pony tails are great options.
- Start a journal. From this day on, you’ll want to make sure you are monitoring your progress. A journal will help you to remember all the little things that tend to fade from memory. It will also be a fun memento for you to look at in the future.
After Your Surgery
- Rest! Allow you body all the time it needs to heal. This can be different for everyone so just listen to your body. Don’t try to do too much too soon.
- Remember your posture. Slouching will only make any pain you are feeling worse.
- In case of an infection, know what to look for. If you see pus, redness, heat to the touch, inflammation or excessive swelling, you’ll want to call your Las Vegas plastic surgeon right away. This is also the case if you feel feverish or experience flu-like symptoms.
- Do not submerge your incisions until they have closed completely. If you do, you are subject to infection that can be dangerous to the success of your surgery and to your overall health. Showers are fine after 24 hours as long as the water runs down your body.
- Don’t take over-the-counter pain medications until your surgeon says it is okay.
- There is a chance your nipples will be hypersensitive. Try numbing creams, nursing pads or lightweight tops that are silky.
- If you experience mood swings, that is normal. It can be caused by general anesthesia and pain medications. It will pass after a few days.
Whether you are getting a breast lift, breast implants or a breast reduction in Las Vegas, these tips should help make your life after the surgery a little easier. Another way to make life after plastic surgery in Las Vegas easier is to make sure you are working with the best surgeon. So, schedule a consultation with Reynolds Plastic Surgery. For more information about breast augmentation in Las Vegas, call 702.410.9800.